You are here: Biodiversity Delivery Areas
Priority Delivery Areas for Landscape Scale Conservation in the South West (2011-15)
Together, this set of Biodiversity Delivery Areas (BDAs) represents an ambitious vision to establish a network of strategic areas for protecting wildlife across the South west of England. In each county Local Biodiversity Partnerships (LBPs) are helping new collaborations and projects form in the BDAs. If you are interested in finding out more about the work going on in one of BDAs get in touch with your Local Biodiversity partnership to see how you can become involved.
These web pages:
- Outline the wider context for why it is so important to protect and enhance our natural environment at the local level;
- Identify over 50 locations where the best opportunities exist to conserve, enhance and create wildlife rich habitats over the next five years;
- Encourages all those with an interest in wildlife to work better together collaboratively in these 50 locations;
- Provide information about nature conservation priorities so that decision makers, local communities, and individuals can contribute to, and benefit from, this work;
- Encourage organisations, communities and individuals to step forward and align themselves to this new approach to help deliver this vision.